Just a forewarning, this post is in no way sponsored by Penguin Teen though they did create this awesome tag. It just so happened to be something I saw recently on YouTube and I was so intrigued and obsessed by the tag that I couldn’t stop thinking about it.
The point of this tag is to come up with 5 to 6 books to bring with you if you were going to be stranded on a deserted island which honestly is something I’ve thought about before due to being weirdly obsessive about these sort of things.
Now for the books:
- Artemis Fowl and the Opal Deception by Eoin Colfer: While Artemis Fowl is indeed my favorite book in the series it is the fourth book in the series that really holds a special place in my heart. It is not just an adventure story but a reunion story as well one that shows our favorite heroes suffering through loss and fighting hard to take care of and save each other. Words cannot begin to describe my love for this book or half of the feelings that I experience whenever I read this and while I have read it at least six times before I would gladly read it again and again which is precisely why I would gladly have it along with me on a deserted island.
- Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg: Fried Green Tomatoes isn’t just my favorite book of all time. It is the book I go to whenever I’m sad and need something warm and familiar to get me through. I have no doubt in the world that this book would provide an excellent companion during those lonely days and hard nights spent on a deserted island which is exactly why I would want to have it with me always.
- The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkein: The first book in the Lord of the Rings trilogy just so happens to be my very favorite book in the series. It is the book that started Frodo’s adventure and the book that made the members of the fellowship into a family. Growing up those members were the family I wanted at a time that was extremely difficult in my life and would no doubt be a comfort during a stay on a deserted island.
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell: Words cannot describe my love for this book. If I had to pick one book to have multiple copies of it would be this book and the fact is that I already own 3 copies of it but I feel like I still need more. It is the book I want to own in multiple languages and the book that I want to re-read almost always. I still haven’t yet but I am sure a deserted island would be a great place to do so.
- A Tyranny of Petticoats: This book is an anthology of short stories and because of that facts seems like an excellent book to bring on a deserted island with me.
- And the last book I would bring with me on a deserted island would be Harry Potter and the Order of the because of reasons I couldn’t even begin to explain.
That’s all for today. Hope you enjoyed my list and please feel free to let me know which books you would bring with yourself in the comments below as I would love to hear them.